Sunday, December 2, 2012

Thanksgiving


This was wanderer’s first Thanksgiving in the U.S. Wanderer’s know this is an important holiday in U.S. However, wanderer is not American, for me, it is a holiday, which is not very important. I didn’t have plan in that day, so my friend’s mother invited me to her home for Thanksgiving. This was my first time to watch how to bake a turkey, a huge turkey. I don’t know what American used to eat but turkey in Thanksgiving. We cooked our Thanksgiving dinner, which were Asia style.

Massaging The Turkey I never we should message the turkey before we baked it. (photo by Wanderer)

I want to thank my families for supporting me to quit my job and come to the U.S. for one year. In my culture, to quit a job and not to find another one right now is so wired. People always say you have to work hard, hard, and harder for your future. However, they know life is not for work, and we need to enjoy our life and experience more fresh things. In the U.S. my sister and her friends help me a lot. I really appreciate them.
Thanksgiving Dinner the holiday is western holiday but the  dinner is a very traditional Chinese dinner.

(photo by Wanderer)


6 comments:

  1. Dear Wanderer, it is always wonderful to get a view into the lives of internationals experiencing Thanksgiving for the first time! I really appreciate getting to know you better and learn that you bravely quit your job and came to the United States for a break and adventure!

    I hope you enjoyed eating that beautiful turkey! I have to tell you that you used the wrong word in your description of preparing the turkey. Instead of spelling "massage," you spelled "message." It seems funny to me to be sending a message to turkey! Just had to tell you that you made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha.. thank for your correcting. I always make a mistake in spelling message and massage, but there is a benefit for this mistake. It makes people have fun, doesn't it? Haha..

      Delete
  2. The turtle in your homepage is funny! Was the turkey tasty? My classmate told me that it is not delicious comparing with chicken in China.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH... the turkey my friend baked was so delicious and it was so juicy. Maybe that was because he baked the turkey for 6 hours. However, we had another problem. the turkey was too huge and we couldn't finish it at all.

      Delete
  3. WOO! You do have good families. And I respect your courage! Wish you have a wonderful experience in USA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Although this long vacation closes to end, I have a good time in the U.S. ^^

      Delete